Coordinate and follow-up the hospital compliance with Joint Commission International (JCI) and Central Board for Accreditation of Healthcare Institutions (CBAHI) standards as directed by the Director of Quality Improvement Department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure through his actions, either directly or indirectly, that a superior quality of medical treatment, compassion and understanding is given to every patient served at the NMC Hospitals and clinics.
- Monitor the outcomes of the hospital clinical care activities to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure clinical compliance with approved standards.
- Assist in the planning, coordination, facilitation and evaluation of Quality improvement learning sessions
- Facilitating Performance improvement projects in coordination with different departments to improve the standards of care.
- Share and disseminate knowledge of QI through Quality Improvement Representatives.
- Facilitating the formulation of hospital policies and procedures in accordance with national and international standards.
- Assist in coordination with care givers to support the culture of patient safety.
- Participate and facilitates with multiple departments in risk management activities.
- Demonstrate commitment to JCIA & CBAHI patient safety goals and participate appropriately.
- Prioritize, anticipate and assess Quality Improvement needs by identifying educational opportunities for improvement.
- Liaise and coordinate with the departments for providing education to all staff with regards to Quality Improvement, CBAHI, JCIA and other approved standards.
- Perform other professionally related duties as required by the Director of Quality Improvement department.
- Head of Quality Improvement
- (Essential) Minimum of bachelor degree in Science (Nursing, Pharmacy or Medicine).
- CPHQ Certification or TQM diploma preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in Healthcare/ a similar position in a healthcare facility, preferably in a Q.I. Department to a health care setting.
Special Requirements/ Skills:
- Communication planning, strong verbal, writing composition and presentation skills, interpersonal skills an excellent public speaking abilities, and demonstrated relationship building skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to details.
- Ability to organize and coordinate groups across the organization.
- Ability to collect and organize data.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to prepare informative and accurate reports on program progress