Job Posting Status is Expired Please note that the job is not published for job seekers and you will not receive any applicants due to the job status.
General Practitioner is responsible for providing the care of his/her patients (inpatient) maintaining a high-level of professional performance in accordance with:
- Professional medical ethics and CBHAI / JCIA standards.
- Hospital medical by-laws.
- Laws of Ministry of Health in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and any other applicable regulations according to the departmental quality plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures through his/her actions, either directly or indirectly, that a superior quality of medical treatment, compassion and understanding is given to every patient served at the Riyadh Care Hospital.
- History taking, physical examinations, interpretation of common diagnostic tests and document patient condition on admission in the specified admission sheet.
- Can admit patients from the hospital ER after appropriate discussion and approval of the Consultant under whose name admission is done.
- Evaluates new admission and coordinates with Consultant a plan of investigation to establish a diagnosis and a management course. Executes the plan approved by the consultant.
- Conducts daily ward rounds to all inpatients in the department. Liases with the concerned Consultant with regards to care of his inpatients.
- A document plan of patient management and maintains appropriate records of all patients with accurate, timely legible completion of patient’s medical records. Keeping an updated follow-up in the progress notes.
- Should seek the advice of or help of the Consultant whenever the condition of a patient merits further expertise. Works under supervision and instructions of assigned Consultant.
- Prepares all discharge summaries, death reports and special reports on related patients.
- Presentation of new admission to the department through the daily morning reports.
- Participates actively in the on-call rota of the department of patient care and admissions. Responds to emergencies to offer medical care and advice on problems related to his/her specialty.
- Assist staff (Consultant) in performing diagnostic or therapeutic procedures to patients in his field of specialty.
- Supervise the Junior Staff in conducting their duties and responsibilities as designated by the department.
- Actively participates in the department’s educational and training activities.
- Abides by department Policies and Procedures as well as hospital by-laws, Rules and Regulations.
- Responsible to educate patients /families as per their needs and to implement their whole role regarding patient / family education process as mention in patient & family education policy and procedure including documentation in patient medical record.
- They are knowledgeable about their essential role in patient and family education.
- Involves the patient/families in plan of care and respects patients/families regarding their goals and choices of patient care.
- Provides health promotion and health teaching thru methods appropriate to a patients’ developmental level, learning needs, readiness and ability to learn, language preference, culture and situations.
- Allots time necessary to assess, plan implement and evaluate patient education provided to patients/families with appropriate documentation.
- To share in education & teaching of interns & medical students.
- To carry out any other assignments as directed by the Head of Department and within the realm of his knowledge, skills and abilities.
Head, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics
All physicians are responsible for providing the care of his/her patients and their families.
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
Higher qualifications in his specialty, if any
Minimum of two (2) years in the specialty.
Registration in Saudi Medical Council and Current license to practice medicine in Saudi Arabia.
Five (5) years experience in the specialty.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Exhibits professionalism and excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Is knowledgeable of the Medical by-laws.
- Knowledge of computer application.