Job Posting Status is Expired Please note that the job is not published for job seekers and you will not receive any applicants due to the job status.
General Practitioner is responsible for providing the care of his/her patients maintaining a high-level of professional performance in accordance with:
- Evidence based medicine.
- Professional medical ethics and CBAHI / JCIA standards.
- Hospital medical by-laws.
- Laws of Ministry of Health in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and any other applicable regulations according to the departmental quality plan.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures through his actions, either directly or indirectly, that a superior quality of medical treatment, compassion and understanding is given to every patient served at the NMC Hospitals and Clinics.
- Performs history taking, physical examinations, interpretation of common diagnostic tests and formulation of a plan management; on admission.
- Conducts daily ward rounds, on all inpatients in the section. Liaises with the concerned consultant about care of his inpatients.
- Assumes an active part in the On-Call Rotations in the Department and participates actively in the morning report together with this Consultant on-call and the moderator.
- Admits patients from the hospital referral facilities (e.g. ER and OPD) upon appropriate discussion with the Consultant under whose name the admission is done.
- Evaluates all new admissions and coordinates with the Consultant and Senior Registrar a plan of investigation to establish a diagnosis and a management course. Executes the plan, approved by the Consultant/Senior Registrar.
- Seeks the advice and guidance of his seniors whenever the condition of a patient merits further expertise.
- Documents all plans in the patient's charts and keeps an updated follow-up in the progress notes.
- Presents the previous day's admissions in the morning report when resident on duty.
- Participates in the On-Call Rota of the Department for patient care and admissions.
- Executes all diagnostic procedures required on the patient (e.g. bone marrow aspirations and biopsy, lumbar puncture, personal cavities aspirations, etc.) after consultation with the Senior Staff.
- Participates in the delivery of medical care in the outpatient services (e.g. OPD and ER) under the supervision of the Senior Staff.
- Rotates through the specialized inpatient units (ICU, CCU, Hemodialysis, etc.), if needed, under the supervision of the Senior Staff Member in-charge.
- Prepares problem lists, discharge summaries, death reports and special reports on patients, when needed.
- Participates in CME through medical meetings. Shares and participates in the Departments' educational and training activities: Grand Rounds, tutorials, Journal Clubs, morbidity and Mortality meeting, etc.
- Carries out administrative, organizational or any other duties assigned by the Head of the Department.
- Undertakes any assignments given by the Head of the Department.
- Responsible to educate patients /families as per their needs and to implement their whole role regarding patient / family education process as mention in patient & family education policy and procedure including documentation in patient medical record.
- They are knowledgeable about their essential role in patient and family education.
- Involves the patient/families in plan of care and respects patients/families regarding their goals and choices of patient care.
- Provides health promotion and health teaching thru methods appropriate to a patients’ developmental level, learning needs, readiness and ability to learn, language preference, culture and situations.
- Allots time necessary to assess, plan implement and evaluate patient education provided to patients/families with appropriate documentation.
- Abides by the Policies and Procedures of the Department of Internal Medicine and By-Laws and Rules and Regulations of Riyadh Care hospital.
- Senior Registrar, Consultant internist or Consultant of the Subspecialty (Division), and Head of department.
- Liaises with:
All Physicians, the staff of the supporting professional services, patients and families.
A minimum of:
- University Medical Degree i.e. M.B., B.S. (graduate in medicine) or a recognized equivalent.
- Recognized as a General Practitioner by the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties.
- Additional qualifications in his specialty, if any.
Minimum of two (2) years in Medicine after obtaining his/her degree.
- Current valid license to practice medicine in the area of his specialty.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Communication in spoken Arabic is desirable.
- Good general heath and ability to wok extended hours under stress.
- Exhibits professionalism and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Is knowledgeable of the Medical by-laws.
- Knowledge of computer applications.