Riyadh, Saudi Arabia Posted 2023/05/22 11:16:07 Expires 2023-07-21 Ref: JB1100031624
- Ensures through his actions, either directly or indirectly, that a superior quality of medical treatment, compassion and understanding is given to every patient served at the NMC Hospitals and Clinics.
- Provides patient care within the parameters of their professional competence as reflected in the scope of their clinical privileges for both in-patients and out-patients.
- Practices within the framework of clinically relevant and scientifically valid standards, guidelines and criteria.
- Conducts regular ward rounds on his own and/or as a team to formulate a multi-disciplinary treatment plan including pre-operative and post-operative care.
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures on his/her patients within the range of the specialty.
- Assessment and referral of appropriate patients under his/her medical care to other appropriate medical facilities as well as accepting referrals of patients with medical problems in his/her field of specialty.
- Participates in the on-call rota of the department for patient care and admission.
- Responds to emergencies to offer advice and actively participate with problems if required, related to his/her specialty.
- Observes and upholds the patient's rights of security, confidentiality and privacy.
- Maintains appropriate records of all patients with accurate, timely legible completion of patient's medical records.
- Consultant has a leadership role in the organization performance.
- Supervision of duties of assigned junior staff.
- Provides leadership for performance-improvement functions in the process of measurement, assessment and improvement of both clinical and non-clinical process as part of the Departmental Quality Plan.
- Active participation in Continuing Medical Education (C.M.E.) through educational hospital activities (morning report meetings, grand rounds, clinical tutorials and seminars, journal club, radiology or clinico-pathological conferences). Also, through National and International meetings, conferences and symposia.
- Active participation in training program related to his field and organization within the hospital for training of junior medical staff and in-service training for nursing staff and technicians.
- Continuous update of his knowledge in the medical field as well as continuously upgrading level of skill in his/her field of profession.
- Participation in committee meetings assigned to him/her (Quality Improvement, Infection Control, etc.).
- Abides by Department Policies and Procedures, as well as hospital by-laws, Rules and Regulations.
- Responsible to educate patients /families as per their needs and to implement their whole role regarding patient / family education process as mention in patient & family education policy and procedure including documentation in patient medical record.
- They are knowledgeable about their essential role in patient and family education.
- Involves the patient/families in plan of care and respects patients/families regarding their goals and choices of patient care.
- Provides health promotion and health teaching thru methods appropriate to a patients’ developmental level, learning needs, readiness and ability to learn, language preference, culture and situations.
- Allots time necessary to assess, plan implement and evaluate patient education provided to patients/families with appropriate documentation.
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of the employee's knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Demonstrates leadership and administrative skills.
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Exhibits professionalism and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Is knowledgeable of the Medical by-laws.
- Knowledge of computer application.
Job Location Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job Role Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
Employment Status Full time
Employment Type Employee
Number of Vacancies 1
Career Level Mid Career
Years of Experience Min: 5
Residence Location Saudi Arabia